Monday, April 30, 2012

Splatter- With a Twist!

Found this AMAZING way to splatter!!! I've used a straw and a toothbrush before.....

But then I found this tutorial that I love! But there's some things that I want to add in that would make some things clearer. 

First off, use WHATEVER colors you choose. Seriously. 

Second, the paint brush I used was a paint brush that I found at hobby lobby in a bag of random ones all mixed together. So as long as the bristles are soft and decent in length, you will be made in the shade. 

Third- with the acrylic paint to "splatter" on to your nails comes a frustration I encountered. Acrylic paint is too think alone to splatter. I read in a comment that someone said to use nail polish thinner, BAD IDEA. All you need is water mixed with the paint and then you take the brush and put it in between your thumb and middle finger, then use your pointer finger to tap it enough to cause a splatter. 

Easy as cake. Let the paint sink in for about 5-10 minutes so that you have the smooth look to it. Then use a top coat and you're done! 


MESSY! But worth it, see what I mean?


Here were the colors and polishes that I used. 









No comments:

Post a Comment