Saturday, May 12, 2012

Eyeshadow Manicure


So, I saw a manicure idea on Make Up Savvy's Blog and wanted to try it out! Me being the "frugal" person I am, I didn't want to go out and spend the money on pigment. Which if you look at my pigment manicure tutorial, you will see that I finally bucked up and realized that it was worth it. I found that using mineral eyeshadow worked really well versus compact that I physically made. Hopefully you guys have more luck with that one. However, this will work instead of pigment for the time being! Just not as rich of colors but still noticeable depending on the base color. Pretty easy if I do say so myself, but EXTREMELY messy. Just expect shimmer in the air and on everything, but still very worth it!

It is pretty easy, I didn't take pictures of a how to but you can see one that is virtually the same on my pigment manicure tutorial post.

Basically in the link above, she says to blow the eyeshadow/pigment on at the same time as your last coat of color but I found that that makes grooves from blowing it.. so I would put a cheaper top coat on and then blow the pigment on my nail with a cut up piece of straw. I cut up the straw so that it was easier to control. Also, when I did this on my fingers, which I didn't get a good picture of, I put the powder on the base of my nails right below my cuticles and then applied a clear and cheaper top coat and then blew. This one takes a lot of experimenting, which you can do on a piece of paper, to get your ideal "blowing speed". As dirty as that sounds, it is a serious and crucial thing in regards to this manicure. The Make Up Savvy says that she used the end of a spoon to scoop the color onto the finger which worked incredible well for me. Don't worry if you end up dropping some on your nail, it should be fine. It will just go with the top coat so afterwards be sure to swirl your brush around in the top coat lacquer by literally just spinning the lid in between your layers a few times. Then let sit for a while and then carefully put a top coat on. Also, I did mine one nail at a time and then would let the powder sit while I did the rest of my fingers until I put my top coat on. Then I let my top coat completely dry and then washed my hands and I was good to go! So, hope that helps but be sure to check out my pigment manicure tutorial for more ideas!


No comments:

Post a Comment